St. Mary's Knanaya Catholic Church is located in downtown Berkley on 12 Mile Road.
This is a Catholic church through sometimes referred to as Eastern (Antiochian, Alexandrian, Byzantine, and Armenian) Catholic rather than Roman (Latin) Catholic because of the Asian Indian influence. Portions of the information on the website and weekly bulletin is written in both English and Malayalam.
About 80 families belong to this parish. This church hosts a variety of functions including men and women's groups, as well as Bible classes. Children's groups are also available and include Sunday school.
Volunteer opportunities are available and include ministry, coffee hour after church, and other missions. This church hosts a variety of events throughout the year from which the proceeds benefit various causes.
- Hours: Sunday Services: 10 am; Special Event Times and Dates Vary
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped Parking & Ramp
- Founding Date: 2009
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Catholic, Christian
- Congregation size: 200
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes