Our Lady of La Salette Church
Our Lady of La Salette Church is a Roman Catholic church located in southern Berkley off Coolidge Highway. Originally named Our Lady of Refuge, this organization was founded in 1921 and also operates a grade school on the premises.
This church receives support from the Knights of of Columbus Queen of the Holy Rosary, which was founded in 1954 in Oak Park, Mich. and supports two other local parishes: Our Lady of Fatima, Oak Park and St. Columban, Birmingham.
Children's groups are available and include Sunday school, seasonal parties, pancake breakfasts, mini retreats, altar serving and community service. There also are men's and women's groups as well as church-hosted functions throughout the year. Volunteers can help organize events such as live music, mini retreats, flu shots, Ladies Guild birthday bag collection and Bible study.
The hammer and pincers on the large crucifix in front of the church symbolize sin and prayer and penance, respectively.
- Fax: (248) 541-4250
- Hours: Services: Tue, Thu, Fri, 8:45am; Wed, 7pm; Sat, 5pm; Sun, 9:30am, 11:30am. Communion Service: Mon, 8:45am
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking and a ramp to the entrance.
- Founding Date: 1921
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Catholic, Christian
- Congregation size: 950
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes