League of Catholic Women Bargain Counter North
Bargain Counter North is a thrift store located in downtown Berkley. This store is run by the League of Catholic Women, volunteers whose parent charitable organization is Matrix Human Services. The Matrix Human Services was founded in 1906 and the Bargain Counter North thrift store has been in business at the Berkley location since 1925.
This organization works closely with multiple charities including Head Start Fatherhood Initiative, Women ARISE, Reuther Older Adult & Wellness Services and the Youth Assistance Program.
Brand name clothing, coats, books, antiques items, shoes, purses and other accessories are some of the items featured here. Products change daily and have included in the past a $1,200 wedding dress that sold for $20, a Scooby Doo lunchbox and other collectible deals.
- Hours: Mon - Sat: 11am - 4pm Sunday: 10am - noon
- Founding Date: 1925
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Products: Donations
- Return policy: Negotiable
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- What is the most unusual item you've carried or sold?: Various one of a kind treasures including expensive collectible items
- Donations policy: Donations are tax deductible; Bargain Counter North contributes 100 percent of its gross income to Matrix programs.
- Scope: Local, Regional
- Type: Child welfare, Civil rights, Drug and alcohol abuse, Health and Disability, Homelessness and housing, Human rights, Hunger, Literacy/education, Mental health, Public policy, Senior citizens, Veterans and military, Women's rights