Berkley Public Library
The family-friendly library features a children's area, meeting rooms for public use and an active Friends of the Library group. The facility makes an effort to keep pace with changing technology and adapt to users' needs; for example, it provides access to free, downloadable e-books.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 8pm; Thu - Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The building is ADA compliant.
- Founding Date: The Berkley Women's Club founded the library in 1928. It has been at its current location since 1964 and was renovated and expanded in 1998.
- What makes this community special?: It's a small town where everybody knows everybody and nobody wants to leave.
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 80,000
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Users must have a library card or a photo ID to get a pass for a 1/2 hour session. Prints and copies cost 10 cents per page.
- Programs/classes: Story times for children ages 6 months and older; kids', holiday and summer programs; adult programming; adult book discussion group
- Book donation information: Donations of books, CDs and DVDs in good condition are welcome. The library does not accept textbooks, encyclopedias or magazines.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No