Find out what's happening the weekend of Sept. 27-29 in Berkley, Huntington Woods and nearby; leave a comment if you have an event to share.
- The Berkley Public Library will host a open house in honor of retiring Berkley Public Library Director Celia Morse from 1-4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27.
- Huntington Woods residents will participate in the Detroit Critical Mass bike ride starting at 6:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27, at the corner of Trumbull and Warren in Detroit. Check the Huntington Woods Parks & Recreation Facebook page for more details.
- The second annual golf outing for the S.T.A.G.E. Youth Group will tee off at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at the Pontiac Country Club in Waterford. The event is co-sponsored by Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Berkley First United Methodist Church and Cana Lutheran Church in Berkley and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Royal Oak.
- The annual fire open house and chili cook-off will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at the Berkley Public Safety Department. The event will feature a smoke house for kids to practice escaping a blaze, a hazardous materials truck from Troy, free T-shirts and more. The Berkley Junior Women's Club sponsors the chili cook-off; interested cooks may contact Cinda Coon at 248-219-7537 or Deb Canto at 248-854-2422
- Detroit Restaurant Week continues through Sunday, Sept. 29. The event features three-course meals at some of the city's most-desirable eateries for just $30 per person.