There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
- Cost: Free
- Why go: The kids can enjoy a dunk tank, splash zone and games while parents play horseshoes. Food will be available.
- When: 3-5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: in Huntington Woods
- Cost: Free
- Why go: All ages are welcome to enjoy harp and flute music at one of the most beautiful spots in Huntington Woods. Light refreshments will be provided. , according to the National Weather Service, perfect for a concert.
- When: 1 p.m. Sunday
- Where: in Royal Oak
- Cost: Advance tickets for performances are $6 for youths and $10 for adults. Tickets can be purchased online at www.stagecrafters.org or by phone at 248-541-6430 using Visa and MasterCard. All seats are reserved. If shows have not sold out, tickets can be purchased at the box office one hour prior to the performance for an additional $2 per ticket.
- Why go: Stagecrafters Youth Theatre will performs the classic rock 'n' roll-infused musical that originally was produced on Broadway in 1960 starring Dick Van Dyke and Chita Rivera. The four-time Tony Award-winning musical was inspired by Elvis Presley being drafted in 1958.
- What else: .
The Flying Crowbars
- When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: in Clawson
- Cost: Admission is free
- Why go: Grab dinner and microbrew before you boogie down to the blues tunes of The Flying Crowbars. Afterward, cool your jets on the brewery's patio.
Go Comedy All Star Showdown
- When: 8 p.m., 10 p.m. Saturday
- Where: , East 9 Mile Road, Ferndale
- Cost: $15
- Why go: Play as big a role as you want during short improv games, challenges and more in this interactive, improvised game show, billed as "one part 'Whose Line is it Anyway,' and one part 'Match Game PM'."
- What else: Visit gocomedy.net for more information.
- When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
- Cost: $25-$50
- Why Go: The Detroit Symphony Orchestra will perform during the AVANTI Summer MusicFest, in which young musicians from around Metro Detroit learn from DSO members. Friday night, the DSO will perform orchestral works from Copland, Beethoven and Mozart. All proceeds will support the AVANTI Summer MusicFest.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? !