The Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the Avery Center in Oak Park.
The agenda includes the following items.
- The board will recognize several staff members for their contributions to the district, including in the fields of special education and physical education.
- Director of Curriculum, Technology, Assessment and Grants Mary Beth Fitzpatrick, along with Principal Vince Gigliotti and Anderson teacher Stacie Angel, will present a progress report on the Adolescent Accelerated Reading Initiative.
- Parent Teacher Association playground committee member Lauren Hirsch will discuss plans for .
- Berkley School District Deputy Superintendent of Finance, Facilities and Operations Larry Gallagher will discuss ongoing budget negotiations.
- The board also will vote on a number of consent agenda items and hear student representative, legislative, committee, conference and Berkley Education Foundation reports, as warranted.
The meeting is open to the public and there will be opportunities for citizen comments.