Staff and volunteers from the Troy Historic Village and Troy Nature Society are joining forces this year to offer Maple Syrup Time - Past and Present:
* Discover how maple trees make sugar.
* Learn how people from Native Americans to 21st Century tech-savvy-sap-tappers have harvested it to make maple syrup.
* Hike through sugar bush to see how sap is collected.
* Visit a historic sugar camp and stop by our sugar shed to see sap cooking into syrup on a wood-stoked evaporator.
* Taste fresh maple syrup over warm mini-waffles and our version of the pioneer treat called sugar on snow!
Register at www.troynaturesociety.org or call 248.688.9703. Walk-ins are welcome if space is available. Programs last about 1.5 hours. Non-member price: $7. TNS & THS member price: $6. For ages 4 to adult.