Berkley will be a hive of activity this weekend and we've got the scoop on the goings-on!
Friends of the Berkley Public Library's fall book sale
- When: 4-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Berkley Public Library.
- Cost: Prices vary, but books will be available for as little as $1.
- Why go: Bag a bargain on some books and help support the Friends of the Library.
Even Exchange at O'Mara's
- When: 9 p.m. Friday.
- Where: O'Mara's Restaurant.
- Why go: Groove to soul, rock, funk, soul and Motown tunes. The trio includes Michael Brown (lead vocals and drums), Charlie Hawkins (guitar and vocals) and Lenny Lucas (bass and vocals).
- Cost: No cover.
- What else: Call 248-399-6750 or visit O'Mara's online for more information.
Berkley Craft Show
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Berkley Community Center.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Why go: Explore booths offering a variety of crafts, including jewelry, holiday wreaths and more. Lunch, homemade baked goods and a silent auction also will be available.
- What else: Proceeds benefit the city of Berkley's senior programming. Call 248-658-3470 for more information.
Berkley/Huntington Woods Youth Assistance Mom 2 Mom Sale
- When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Berkley High School
- Cost: Admission costs $1.
- Why go: Shop the third annual Berkley-Huntington Woods Youth Assistance sale for bargains on kids' clothes, strollers, toys and more.
- What else: Call 248-837-8102 for more information.
Ha-Ha’s For Ta-Ta’s (Fighting Cancer With Comedy)
- When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20.
- Where: Farina's Banquet Center
- Cost: $15 for general seating or $20 for reserved table seating. Tickets are available at Farina's or on the American Cancer Society website.
- Why go: The fundraiser will feature six comedians, hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar, raffle and silent auction.
- What else: The recommended age for this show is 18 and up unless a parent is present. Call Mike Hull at 248-828-5940, e-mail WeNeedTheCure@yahoo.com or visit the event's Facebook page for more information and to RSVP.