Do you and your sweetheart enjoy quiet time together by curling up with a good book and a crossword puzzle?
If the answer is yes, then the may be just the place for you to celebrate Valentine's Day weekend.
The Friends of the Berkley Public Library plan a bake sale Saturday from 10 a.m. until noon in the lobby, so you can grab a sweet treat before you pick up a book and settle in by the fire. Yes! The library has a cozy fireplace in the adult reading section.
To help you select a steamy tale to get you in a romantic mood, or something a bit more family friendly that will let the kids get in on the holiday fun, library Director Celia Morse and her staff have compiled a list of titles that celebrate Valentine's Day:
- The Bookstore Valentine by Barbara Maitland, 2002: A bookstore's cat and ghost bring two people together on Valentine's Day.
- Panda's Valentine's Day by Tara Jaye Morrow, 2011: A little panda finds an unusual way to make his mama a special Valentine.
- Valentine Mice! by Bethany Roberts, 1997: Hat- and scarf-wearing mice make and deliver Valentine cards to the other animals in the woods.
- The Trouble with Valentine's Day by Rachel Gibson, 2005: Kate makes a terrible first impression on ex-hockey star Rob, on Valentine's Day, no less.
- Be My Valentine by Debbie Macomber, 2007: Two classic romances. Dianne needs a man, but only for a night and Bailey needs a man, but only on paper.