Halloween is almost here, so we've got the scoop on hours and safety tips for trick-or-treaters in Berkley and Huntington Woods.
Recommended hours for trick-or-treating in both cities begin at dusk and wrap up around 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31. Residents who plan to give out candy are encouraged to turn on their porch lights.
Berkley Public Safety Deputy Director Robert North offers parents the following tips to help keep their little ones safe.
- Younger children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Trick-or-treaters should have an unobstructed view out of their costumes.
- Costumes should include reflective material.
- Be careful crossing the street.
- If possible trick-or-treat in an area where you're familiar.
Click here for more Halloween coverage on Berkley Patch.