The annual Our Lady of La Salette Fall FunFest kicks off today and runs through Sunday in Berkley.
The event includes food and free entertainment, as well as a carvinal, garage sale, book sale, Vegas Night, fun run, buffet dinner, $5,000 raffle drawing and more. A complete guide to Fall FunFest events follows.
[Click here to see photos from last year's Fall FunFest.]
- When: 5-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette Catholic School and Academy parking lot.
- Cost: Admission is free; activity prices vary.
- Why go: There will be carnival rides, food, games and more. Free entertainment will include Steve King and the Dittillies from 7 to 11 p.m. Friday and Moose & da Sharks from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday. There also will be raffles throughout the weekend including a drawing at 5 p.m. Sunday with a $5,000 prize.
- What else: Visit lasalette-church.org or call 248-541-3762 for more information.
Garage sale, gently used clothing sale
- When: Sneak preview at 5 p.m. Friday; 6-8 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette, lower level of the Fr. Landry Center.
- Cost: $5 admission for sneak preview.
- Why go: Hunt for treasures and snap up bargains on a variety of items.
- When: Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; Texas Hold'em tournament starts at 7:15 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette Catholic Church.
- Cost: Admission is $3; buy-in is $30 for $2,875 in chips.
- Why go: Try your hand at blackjack, Let It Ride or craps or buy into the poker tournament.
- What else: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the La Salette Hold’Em – Berkley, MI page on Facebook for more information.
- When: 1-mile fun run/walk, 8:30 a.m.; 5K fun run, 9 a.m.
- Where: Starting at Harvard Field on the Our Lady of La Salette campus, crossing Catalpa at Bacon, and traveling through Berkley.
- Cost: 1-mile fun run/walk, $10; 5K fun run, $15; group rates available; no refunds.
- Why go: "I just want to encourage people to come out and enjoy the cool morning and appreciate the beauty of the season," race coordinator Drew Pennington said.
- What else: The race will be held rain or shine; portable bathrooms will not be available. Participants are encouraged to register in advance from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday or Saturday at the La Salette Days Fall FunFest tent. Registration also will be available on race day until 8 a.m. Racers are asked to check in by 8:15 a.m. Call Drew Pennington at 248-541-3027 for more information.
- When: 1-3 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: La Salette Fall FunFest tent.
- Cost: Adults $10, children 12 and younger $5.
- Why go: The meal, prepared by O'Mara's Restaurant, will include salad, rolls, roasted chicken, meatballs with Bordelaise sauce and noodles, vegetarian pasta with marinara sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, vegetables and dessert.