There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
SSG Leach Fall Crawl
- When: 6 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, Nov. 3.
- Where:Bagger Dave's, J's Bar & Grill, VFW Post 9222 and American Legion Post 374.
- Cost: $20. The first 75 people who pay an additional $15 will receive a commemorative T-shirt.
- Why go: Enjoy hors d'oeuvres at each stop, as well as a prize and television giveaway at the final stop. You must be present to claim prizes. The event benefits the SSG Matthew Leach Memorial Fund to pay for a Fallen Soldier Battle Cross monument in memoriam of the Ferndale reservist at American Legion Post 374 in Berkley.
- What else: Cash bar only.
Used Book Sale
- When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Huntington Woods Public Library, lower level.
- Cost: Paperbacks start at only a quarter.
- Why go: Get a deal on adult, young adult and children's selections from best-sellers to classics. Proceeds benefit the library. Open to the public.
- What else: Call (248) 543-9720 for more information.
Astrology and psychic fair
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Troy Masonic Center, 1032 Hartland Dr., Troy.
- Cost: Admission, $5; 15-minute readings $20; full readings $30.
- Why go: Astrology and psychic readings will be available all day.
- What else: Contact astrologer Rich Milostan at 248-528-2610 for more information.
'Pumps and Predilections'
- When: 7-10 p.m. Friday
- Where: Birmingham Gallery
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: The Birmingham Gallery presents 'Pumps and Predilections: The Recent Works of Topher Crowder' during the month of November, with an opening reception this Friday. Crowder, a Michigan artist known for his illustrations and comic expressionist works, has exhibited at galleries throughout Metro Detroit. And until the end of the year, the Birmingham Gallery will be donating 10 percent of all its framing sales to the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center.
Go Comedy All Star Showdown
- When: 8 p.m., 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Go Comedy! Improv Theater, E. 9 Mile Road, Ferndale.
- Cost: $15.
- Why go: Play as big a role as you want during short improv games, challenges and more in this interactive, improvised game show, billed as "one part 'Whose Line is it Anyway,' and one part 'Match Game PM'."
- What else: Visit gocomedy.net for more information.
Alternative dance night
- When: 9 p.m. Saturday
- Where: The Luna Lounge 1815 N Main St, Royal Oak
- Cost: Admission is free
- Why go: Dance away the week's cares to alternative music and take advantage of cocktail specials – including dollar drinks – all night.
- What else: If dancing isn't your thing, play a little pool. When the doors close, head across the street to National Coney Island before you go home.
Soy candle event
- When: 11 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4.
- Where: Leon & Lulu, 96 W. 14 Mile Road, Clawson.
- Cost: $15.99.
- Why go: Pick up a holiday gift for someone else or an indulgence for yourself. Decorate a glass container that will be poured by soy candle master Dan DeLeon. Five dollars from each candle sale, as well as 10 percent of store sales during the event, will benefit the FAR Conservatory of Therapeutic and Performing Arts, a nonprofit that provides art therapy and recreation services for people with mental, physical and/or emotional impairments.
- What else: Call 248-288-3600 for more information.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? Promote it for free on Patch!