We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- Who's Hiring in Oakland County This Week: Are you looking for a job and don't mind traveling a bit from home? We've found a dozen jobs available from around Oakland County, from babysitters, to an engineer to a dental assistant.
- Should Snyder Sign Bill Allowing Concealed Weapons in Schools?: On Friday, a gunman killed at least 26 at a school in Newtown, CT. Meanwhile in Michigan, Gov. Rick Snyder has a bill on his desk that would allow some concealed guns in schools. What do you think?
- Rep. Ellen Lipton to Hold Coffee Hours Monday: The lawmaker invites residents to share their ideas and concerns from 4 to 6 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Berkley Public Library.
- Red Wings Alumni to Play Hockey for O'Rourke Charity: Tickets are still available for Dec. 21 charity game at Plymouth’s Compuware Arena.
- : Sip and savor your way around Oakland County's eateries with Patch.
- : Learn how to recognize influenza symptoms and what to know about treatment if you get sick.
[Sign up for the Berkley Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Oakland County to Host Teen Suicide Forum Monday: The evening will include a panel of local experts at Birmingham's Holy Name Catholic Church.
- Receptionist Job Open at Salon Tru: Who's hiring in Berkley and Huntington Woods? Here's a sampling of ads to help you land just the right job!
- Crispelli's Makes Detroit Free Press Top 10 List: Find out which places made the newspaper's list of best new restaurants this year in Metro Detroit.
- : Have something to add to the conversation? Leave a comment!
- Driver With Concealed Pistol Arrested After Running Red Light: The following information was supplied by the Huntington Woods Public Safety Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- : How much will we spend on gifts this year? What's the best-selling Christmas song of all time? Find the answers to these questions and more.
- Grammy Nominee Loves Living in Royal Oak: Find out where musician Andrew Dost – of the band fun. – hangs out when he is in the city.
- : The following information was supplied by the Berkley Public Safety Department.
- Berkley Public Safety Department Promotes Andrew Hadfield to Sergeant: The move is a key part of the department's succession plan, Director Richard Eshman says.