We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- U.S. Rep. Sander Levin Stops by Amici's Pizza & Living Room: The Royal Oak lawmaker was in town to chat with residents during a Berkley Democratic Club social gathering Thursday night.
- Cloverleaf Fine Wine Cooks Up Valentine's Pairing Dinner and More Restaurant News: Sip and savor your way around Oakland County's eateries with Patch.
- : A free seminar for homeowners will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 13 at the Executive Office Building Conference Center in Waterford.
- : The four students achieved the distinction during the fall semester.
- Weather Station at Anderson Middle School Will Track Berkley Conditions: The device started providing temperature, precipitation and other data online earlier this month; teachers will incorporate the tool into their curriculum.
- Berkley School District Teachers to Receive Active Shooter Training: Homeland Security Division officials are preparing educators from schools throughout Oakland County on how to respond in case of an attack, following December’s shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT.
[Sign up for the Berkley Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Craig Covey Back to Work for Oakland County: The former county commissioner, who was defeated in his re-election bid by Helaine Zack of Huntington Woods in August, has been appointed to serve as special assistant to Water Resources Commissioner Jim Nash.
- : The head of the state's Department of Education asserts higher wages would encourage more people to become teachers of math and science.
- Charter One Bank in Berkley Robbed: The FBI says the male suspect, who wore a black mask and escaped on foot Monday, is an "alleged serial armed robber" who could be linked to several other recent bank robberies in Metro Detroit.
- UPDATED: Friends of Burton Community Park Calls Town Hall Meeting: Residents are invited to learn about efforts to replace the play structure at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at the Huntington Woods Recreation Center.
- Norovirus Bug On the Rise; New Strain Arrives in United States: Review these five tips to prevent the extremely contagious illness from spreading.
- United States Postal Service's Postage Rates Increase: New stamp will allow you to mail letters anywhere in the world for $1.10.
- : Who's hiring in Berkley and Huntington Woods? Here's a sampling of ads to help you land just the right position!