The annual Taste of Berkley food and wine sampling event will be held Thursday, May 16, at the Berkley Community Center.
The following restaurants will participate in Taste of Berkley, which is part of the city's Berkley Days celebration and benefits Berkley-Huntington Woods Youth Assistance.
- Amici's Pizza & Living Room
- Party Cakes
- Crispelli's Bakery & Pizzeria
- Farina's Banquet Center
- Holy Cannoli's
- Mr. Kabob
- The Lunch Cafe
- O'Mara's Irish Restaurant
- Vinsetta Garage
American Legion Post 374 members will pour wine during event, whose sponsors include Shanbom Eye Specialist, Rediscovered Furniture and Farina's.
"Taste of Berkley is an event that brings the businesses and residents of Berkley together while helping the youth," City Councilman Alan Kideckel said. "Thank you to everyone involved who helped make this a success."
If you go
- When: 6-9 p.m. Thursday, May 16.
- Where: Berkley Community Center.
- Cost: Tickets are $25 and can be purchased in advance at The Lunch Cafe, 3116 12 Mile Road in Berkley.
- What else: This is a 21-and-older event. Call 248-408-1793, e-mail Lscheel@berkleyschools.org or "like" Berkley Days on Facebook for more information.
[Read: 2013 Berkley Days Schedule]