Berkely and Huntington Woods, there will no shortage of activities this weekend: The only question will be, how will you decide between so many great options?
[What are you up to this weekend? Leave a comment!]
- When: 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9.
- Where: Huntington Woods Lutheran Church.
- Why go: Snag deals on kids cloths, toys, gear and more.
- Cost: $1; $2 for early birds from 9-9:30 a.m.
- What else: Visit www.hwwl.org for more information.
Berkley Home Improvement Expo
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 9
- Where: Berkley High School
- Why go: Talk with dozens of contractors and suppliers to learn about how you can make your home improvement dreams come true.
- Cost: Free
- What else: Visit www.berkleyhomeshow.com for more information.
- When: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 9.
- Where: Westborn Market.
- Why go: Help out the South Oakland Shelter by making a monetary donation or dropping off new clothing, sanitary supplies and cleaning supplies.
- Cost: Free.
- What else: Check out the Jaycees’ Facebook page for more information on the Jaycee Freeze.
'Laughter is My Drug'
- When: 7 p.m. Sunday, March 10 (doors open at 6:30 p.m.).
- Where: Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle, 310 S. Troy St., Royal Oak.
- Why go: Comedian Mike Green will perform during this Tri-Community Coalition fundraiser.
- Cost: Tickets cost $20 and are available by calling 248-837-8008.
- When: 7-10 p.m. Sunday, March 10.
- Where: Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale.
- Why go: The Burton Elementary School fundraiser will feature an adult talent show, music and drinks.
- Cost: $20 in advance at the Burton office or the Huntington Woods Recreation Center or $25 at the door.
- What else: Tickets are tax deductible. Contact Kris Guccione at 248-547-7915 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.