Invite a friend
Busting Food Myths
What’s the truth behind a "healthy" diet? Eating a healthy diet is simple: just follow directions. Right? Not so fast! Each day, we are bombarded with studies that claim one food is healthier than another, and that good health and longevity can only be found through one "true" diet. Here’s the problem: these claims change almost daily. Add this to what mom and grandma told us and we’re not better informed, we are just more confused! Spend an evening discussing food myths and truths to learn what foods truly contribute to the healthiest diet. Finally, the truth is revealed Instructor Claire Charlton is a local Berkley Food Coach and founder of Fresh Start Food Coaching. She’s an advocate of a healthy, low-fat, whole foods-based lifestyle that starts in the kitchen and influences health decisions throughout life!
This is a one night class. The cost of this class is $15.
|Where||Berkley Community Center 2400 Robina Ave, Berkley, MI 48072|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Berkley Community Center
A division of the Berkley Department of Parks & Recreation, the Berkley Community Center offers area residents affordable accommodations for their next party or other private event. The venue features three distinct spaces: a small meeting room that can accommodate 15 people, a large meeting room suitable for up to 30, and the much larger multipurpose room, with room for up to 240 guests. There is also a carpeted senior annex and senior addition, both available for rental.
Other events here
- Tai Chi Chuan Class Weekly on Wednesdays and Fridays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Kindermusik Village Weekly on Fridays, 9:15 am–10:00 am
- MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLES Al-Anon Family Group Weekly on Mondays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Jump-A-Rama TumbleTots Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:30 am–10:15 am
- Berkley Senior Movie Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm
- AL-ANON FAMILY GROUP Weekly on Wednesdays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Ask The Instructor Weekly on Thursdays, 9:00 am–10:00 pm
- Basic Computer Class Weekly on Thursdays, 9:45 am–10:45 pm
- Karate For Kids Grades K-2 Weekly on Thursdays, 6:00 pm–6:30 pm
- Karate For Kids Grades 3-8 Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm