Week in Review: Election, FBI Crime Statistics, Battle of the Bands and More
Here's what happened in and around Berkley and Huntington Woods.
We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- I-96 Shooting Suspect Charged with Multiple Felonies in Oakland County: Wixom resident Raulie Wayne Casteel, appearing via video link, was arraigned Friday on charges relating to Oct. 16 shootings in Wixom.
- Tour 1937 Cape Cod That Features Master Suite With Fireplace: Take a peek inside the newly listed home for sale in Huntington Woods.
- FBI Releases Berkley, Huntington Woods Crime Statistics: Property crimes declined from 2010 to 2011 in both cities, according to the annual “Crime in the United States” report.
- It's Berkley Vs. Rochester Adams in Battle of the Bands Final Round: The school needs your votes to win $1,000 and a promotional announcement in My TV20's bracket challenge!
- Clerks Report Smooth Sailing – With Strong Early Turnout – During Nov. 6 Election: The turnout of registered voters in Berkley was 76 percent, compared to 78 percent in 2008. In Huntington Woods, 83 percent of voters cast ballots, compared to 85 percent in 2008.
- Oakland County Commissioner Helaine Zack Focuses on Working Across the Aisle, Economic Development: The Democrat from Huntington Woods was elected Tuesday to represent the new 18th District.
[Sign up for the Berkley Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Oak Park Passes Public Safety Millage: The measure was approved by 53.62 percent of the 14,065 voters who weighed in.
- Michigan Election 2012: Stabenow Captures Senate Seat: Five of the six statewide ballot proposals were defeated, according to early results.
- Oakland County Elections 2012: Patterson Re-elected, Brown Defeats Bullard: Oakland County voters elected an executive, clerk, sheriff and treasurer at the polls Tuesday.
- Oakland County Taps Wireless Technology to Expedite Election Results: "We're convinced this will be the fastest Election Night reporting for a presidential election in Oakland County history," Clerk Bill Bullard said Tuesday.
- UPDATED: Berkley, Huntington Woods Elections 2012: Cogen Lipton, Zack, Woodward Win: Check Berkley Patch for the latest news following the Nov. 6 general election.
- Actors Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard Expecting a Baby: The Huntington Woods native and her fiance Dax Shepard of Milford say they won't wed until gay marriage is legal in California.
- Patch, AOL Send Hurricane Sandy Relief Trucks to New York, New Jersey: You can join us as we work to help residents impacted by the storm, many of whom still don't have power and now face shortages of fuel and basic supplies.
- Halloween High Jinks Result in Allegation of Assault: The following information was supplied by the Berkley Public Safety Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.