Rewind: Woodward Dream Cruise
If you spent last week revving up for the classic car parade, Saturday cruising and Sunday recovering from the celebration of all things automotive, we're here to catch you up on the stories and photos you might have missed!
We shared a lot of good information about the Woodward Dream Cruise and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights:
- Recap: Woodward Dream Cruise in Berkley, Huntington Woods (with Photos): We've got the scoop on news, interesting tidbits and people profiles from Saturday.
- Photos: Food and Fun at Woodward Dream Cruise: There was a 5K race, sponsored tents, souvenirs and more at Saturday's annual celebration of classic cars.
- Photos: Classic Cars Highlight Woodward Dream Cruise: Here's a look at some of the cars that were out to celebrate.
- Photos: Dream Cruise Keeps Rolling on Woodward Avenue: Classic cars packing the street Saturday for 18th annual event that draws crowds to Metro Detroit.
- From Woodward: Official Cruising Time is Over: It's been a blast bringing all the great cars, stories and characters to you all day long from Dream Cruise 2012.
- Photos: Champagne Cruise to Benefit Forgotten Harvest: Westborn Market in Berkley hosts the 10th annual fundraiser for the Metro Detroit food charity.
- Woodward Dream Cruise Has Regional Economic Payoff: The event will generate approximately $56 million for businesses in Oakland, Macomb and Wayne counties – as well as international exposure for the area – but some merchants along the route say their sales take a dive during the event.
- What's New at the 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise: From a "Cars in Art" attraction in Ferndale to a 5K in Royal Oak, find out what's debuting at this year's cruise.
- Getting to Beaumont Hospital Tricky During Woodward Dream Cruise: Alternate routes for emergency vehicles Saturday include mile roads, neighborhood streets, Coolidge Highway and Greenfield Road, officials say.
- Cash or Credit? Pay for Woodward Dream Cruise Gear With Either in Berkley: The option to use plastic is new this year in the city and organizers hope it will boost sales revenue.
- Woodward Dream Cruise Adds 5K Event in Royal Oak: City Commission approves a plan for a Cruise in Shoes 5K race down Woodward Avenue early morning before the cruise begins.
Sign up for the Berkley Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.