In honor of the national holiday, several local closings will occur citywide on Monday. Here’s a quick roundup of the office closings and delays to expect in observance of Memorial Day this year:
City of Berkley
- Garbage pickup will be delayed one day because of Memorial Day.
- City Hall and 45A District Court offices will be closed Monday.
- The Berkley Public Library will be closed Monday.
- The Berkley Community Center will be closed Monday.
City of Huntington Woods
- Recycling, yard waste and trash collection will be delayed by one day.
- City Hall and the Department of Public Works will be closed.
- The Huntington Woods Public Library will be closed Friday-Monday.
Berkley School District
- Schools will be closed Friday-Monday (Friday is a professional development day; Monday is a federal holiday).
- The U.S. Postal Service branch at 2886 12 Mile Rd. will not be open Memorial Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup. The post office will reopen for normal business hours, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday.