Host Families Sought for Chinese Students in Berkley School District
The students are part of the Berkley International Student Exchange Program, which aims to prepare them for continuing academic studies at colleges and universities in the United States. They will have the potential to earn a BHS diploma during the study abroad program.
Host families will have the opportunity to learn first-hand about China’s growth from their students, and together, will bring the world closer together and build friendships that will last a lifetime.
The requirements for becoming a Berkley International Student Exchange Program host family include:
- Provide a supportive environment to help the student adapt to family and student life in the United States, and provide adequate housing and boarding facilities. Students should have their own bedroom and study space in their host home.
- Host families should consist of two or more people related by blood or marriage. At least one parent must be older than 30.
- Berkley International Student Exchange Program host families will undergo a thorough application process, including an in-home interview, background check, and required personal references.
- Host families must live within the Berkley School District boundaries.
- Host families will be reimbursed up to $600 per month for costs incurred while boarding and providing guardianship for an exchange student. Students will cover out-of-pocket expenses such as their own medical insurance, books, school lunches, and spending money.
Anyone interested in learning more about becoming a host family, can visit the Berkley School District website.
Source: Berkley School District